Yoga Strong Series 1
Build strength and prevent injury while reaping the benefits of mindfulness
This class bundle focuses on building strength and confidence while sweating in celebration of your body! So that you can do the things you love to do for the rest of your life, easily and confidently. These classes will leave you with more energy, strength and confidence so that you can love strength building for what it is: a means to live a better fuller life.
Yoga Strong Series 1 is for you if:
- You want a challenging sweaty movement practice that CELEBRATES your body as it is! (and is #antidietculture - no weird wording or underlying diet culture message here. Guaranteed).
- You love yoga but worry about the repetitive nature of the practice and want to practice yoga in a way that builds overall strength (strength that prevents injury!)
- Anyone and every BODY who loves yoga, strength and resistance training
- You love yoga, but you enjoy it most when it’s challenging.
- You don’t want to rush through your practice, you want to intentionally build strength and sweat
- You’re recovering from an injury or want to prevent one in the future
- You want to learn how to exercise in a new way that is perfect for #AtHome training
- This video makes you cry because you so totally resonate with wanting to be strong and healthy for your kids and grandkids
What’s inside the Yoga Strong Series 1 Class Bundle:
- 5 Yoga Strong classes
- Class 1: Upper Body Strength (60 minutes)
- Class 2: Low Body Strength (62 minutes)
- Class 3: Back Strength (50 minutes)
- Class 4: Cardio + Core Strong (56 minutes)
- Class 5: Strong Booty Builder (56 minutes)
- Buy once and practice forever. Each class is downloadable.
- Instant access to classes
All levels and bodies welcome! All you need is a yoga mat and light weights (or soup cans!).
Get started now!
Get started now!
What is Yoga Strong?
Yoga Strong is a hybrid style of yoga that combines yoga-inspired movement with strength and resistance training. I created it in 2015 when I was recovering from a yoga-related injury and wanted to continue my yoga practice while building strength to prevent future injuries. Since has been a favourite of mine and my students across Southern Ontario and online.
Exercise vigorously began for me when I was 17 years old. I had lost a bunch of weight & was convinced that had to maintain this “ideal” image to be accepted. I used exercise as way to constantly punish myself. For over a decade I obsessively exercised (always to the point of injury) & created unhealthy habits around exercise & movement which escalated into an on & off eating disorder & severe addiction to exercise.
At a time of desperation, depression & severe anxiety, I began practicing Yoga. Yoga & I met at the perfect time. I started practicing Yoga in 2005 & have been teaching since 2009. In addition to Yoga, I discovered Mindfulness Meditation for Stress Reduction & diverse science based movement (outside of Yoga). I have studied strength training, developmental movement, functional movement, resistance stretching, controlled articulation, accessible yoga/movement, mobility work, the principals of joyful & intuitive movement & much more that I continue incorporate into my teachings.
Currently I am an Ambassador for the Global Body Image Movement & sponsored by Superfithero, a body inclusive Fitness Company, & have been Advocating for healthy body image since 2010.
They’re are so many incredible benefits to moving our body for joy! Here are some of my favourite reasons why I move & why I love teaching movement:
Increased strength, mobility & flexibility. Reduction of stress, anxiety & nervous system regulation. Helping people feel capable & confident by improving the quality of their lives. Helping to improve proprioception (awareness in space) & interoception (going inward & feeling your body from the inside out). Help mitigate injury & decrease pain sensations.
As a Yoga Teacher/Joyful Movement Educator my goal is to educate you on how to take a more enjoyable approach to movement & to help & support you in being able to continue doing the movement activities that make you happy pain-free & with as little injury and discomfort as possible. Here’s how I try to do this:
I help yoga & movement adapt to the individuals’ body & needs.
I create ways that we can add variability & novel movements in an effort to mitigate injury and decrease pain (as best as we can).
I help my students explore ways to progressively build strength & mobility; working toward specific movement goals that promote confidence and celebration.
I help my students by creating more of a interoceptive experience focusing on how Movement makes one feel on the inside creating an embodied sense of self.
I educate on ways we can use movement to build bodily appreciation & acceptance for the bodies we are in NOW!
Students and Educators inspire me everyday and I cannot wait to move with you!