Yoga & Movement Series 1
Move your body in a way that feels really fr*cken good and leaves you relaxing on cloud-9
Ever been in a yoga class and thought “Ugh, I came here to relax - this class is not delivering.” With this class bundle, you won’t think that. You’re going to move your body in a way that feels really fr*cken good and leaves you relaxing on cloud-9.
The Yoga + Movement Bundle incorporates slow, strong and mindful movement. These classes are a culmination of my training and experience as a yoga and mindfulness teacher - combining the best of both worlds! It’s designed to increase range motion, flexibility, subtle strength, coordination, and reduce stress!
Yoga + Movement Series 1 is for you if:
- You’ve got a body and like to move it! (Or want to start moving for joy - this bundle will help you feel joyful when moving your body)
- You love yoga and want an active yoga practice, but you want to feel super chill and relaxed afterwards (not tire)
- You’re curious about how the nervous system responds to movement practices and you want to learn how to move in a way that stimulates the “rest + digest” portion of the nervous system
- You don’t think you’re flexible! This bundle focuses on mobility (not flexibility, they’re not the same!) which is more functional for life! You want and need mobility more than you do flexibility
- You want to be a better athlete - regardless of your sport!
- You’re working on healing an injury and/or want to take action to prevent injuries in the future
What’s included inside the Yoga + Mobility Series 1:
- 5 Yoga + Mobility Classes
- Class 1: Mindful Mobility Flow (50 minutes)
- Class 2: Add Fluidity To Your Flow (56 minutes)
- Class 3: All Around Flow (48 minutes)
- Class 4: Backside Flow 1 (38 minutes)
- Class 5: Backside Flow 2 (55 minutes)
- Buy once and practice forever. Each class is downloadable - perfect for unplugged weekends away!
- Instant access to classes
All levels and bodies welcome! All you need is a yoga mat!
Get started now!
Get started now!
Exercise vigorously began for me when I was 17 years old. I had lost a bunch of weight & was convinced that had to maintain this “ideal” image to be accepted. I used exercise as way to constantly punish myself. For over a decade I obsessively exercised (always to the point of injury) & created unhealthy habits around exercise & movement which escalated into an on & off eating disorder & severe addiction to exercise.
At a time of desperation, depression & severe anxiety, I began practicing Yoga. Yoga & I met at the perfect time. I started practicing Yoga in 2005 & have been teaching since 2009. In addition to Yoga, I discovered Mindfulness Meditation for Stress Reduction & diverse science based movement (outside of Yoga). I have studied strength training, developmental movement, functional movement, resistance stretching, controlled articulation, accessible yoga/movement, mobility work, the principals of joyful & intuitive movement & much more that I continue incorporate into my teachings.
Currently I am an Ambassador for the Global Body Image Movement & sponsored by Superfithero, a body inclusive Fitness Company, & have been Advocating for healthy body image since 2010.
They’re are so many incredible benefits to moving our body for joy! Here are some of my favourite reasons why I move & why I love teaching movement:
Increased strength, mobility & flexibility. Reduction of stress, anxiety & nervous system regulation. Helping people feel capable & confident by improving the quality of their lives. Helping to improve proprioception (awareness in space) & interoception (going inward & feeling your body from the inside out). Help mitigate injury & decrease pain sensations.
As a Yoga Teacher/Joyful Movement Educator my goal is to educate you on how to take a more enjoyable approach to movement & to help & support you in being able to continue doing the movement activities that make you happy pain-free & with as little injury and discomfort as possible. Here’s how I try to do this:
I help yoga & movement adapt to the individuals’ body & needs.
I create ways that we can build on simple movements while adding variability & novel movements in an effort to mitigate injury and decrease pain (as best as we can).
I help my students explore ways to progressively build strength & mobility; working toward specific movement goals that promote confidence and celebration.
I help my students by creating more of a interoceptive experience focusing on how Movement makes one feel on the inside creating an embodied sense of self.
I educate on ways we can use movement to build bodily appreciation & acceptance for the bodies we are in NOW!
Students and Educators inspire me everyday and I cannot wait to move with you!